Join a live, online workshop with Marigold and learn the beautiful Swiss Darning mending method. Ideal for: creating neat, invisible mends on finer knitted garments; colourful visible mends with a consistent finish; reinforcing areas on garments vulnerable to wearing through such as the elbows and underarm of jumpers and toes and heels of socks.
In this workshop you will:
- Make three beautiful Swiss Darning sample patches
- Learn how to start, continue, change rows and finish mends
- Learn how to reinforce worn areas in garments
- Learn how to repair holes in garments
- Learn how to change colours to create a colourful visible mend
- Learn how to Swiss Darn on different types of garment (wool and cotton, chunky and fine knit)
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Have your own beautiful, Swiss Darning sample patches
- Have all the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to be able to repair and reinforce garments using the Swiss Darning mending technique for years to come
- Searching for signs of wear and tear in all your jumpers and socks so you can practice this new mending method!
All Materials Included: A Swiss Darning Kit will be posted to you to arrive in time for the workshop with all the materials you'll need to make beautiful, Swiss Darning sample patches.
Kit contents: 3m x 3 colours chunky wool, 3m cotton thread, 1 x darning needle, 1 x embroidery needle, 3 x patches.
Additional Materials Needed: Participants will need access to a small pair of scissors for cutting the woollen thread ends.
Swiss Darning Workshop
The workshop will take place online using Zoom.
Within 24 hours of purchase, participants will be emailed confirmation of booking, a Zoom link to join the workshop and an additional materials list.
Workshop Kits will be posted via recorded delivery to participants prior to the start date - please select first class postage if you book less than 3 days before the workshop date.
Additional materials include:
- small sharp scissors for cutting the woollen thread ends