Join a live, online workshop with Marigold and learn the ancient Japanese mending technique, Sashiko.
In this workshop you will:
- Make a beautiful Sashiko, denim, embroidered sample patch
- Learn about the history of the Sashiko mending method
- Explore how to create a stunning Sashiko inspired repeating pattern using basic shape templates and how to transfer the pattern onto the patch
- Learn how to embroider the pattern using running stitches to create a lasting reinforcement repair
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Have your own beautiful, Sashiko embroidered sample patch
- Have all the skills, knowledge and confidence to be able to repair and reinforce garments using the Sashiko mending technique for years to come.
All Materials Included:
A Sashiko Kit will be posted to you to arrive in time for the workshop with all the materials you'll need to make a beautiful, Sashiko-inspired denim patch.
20m cotton sashiko thread, 2 x sashiko needles, 2 x denim patches, illustrated instructions and printouts.
Additional Materials Needed:
Participants will need access to an iron, ironing board, fabric scissors, paper scissors, pins, a pen, ruler, card and A4 plain paper.
The workshop will take place online using Zoom.
Within 24 hours of purchase, participants will be emailed confirmation of booking, a Zoom link to join the workshop and an additional materials list.
Sashiko Kits will be posted via recorded delivery to participants prior to the start date - please select first class postage if you book less than 3 days before the workshop date.
Additional materials include:
- iron and ironing board
- fabric and paper scissors
- 3 sheets A4 paper
- cardboard (old cereal packet will do)